There is a better way to build WordPress websites. No code. No hassle. Choose from hundreds of designs!
That ultimately depends on what the client or the project stakeholder needs as well as the budget,timeline and long-term plan of the project. Having said that, both the WordPress as well as Laravel is actually good or best depending on certain parameters or conditions. I have explained it below.But I will also conclude as to which of the above two actually holds an edge over the other.
- If the client budget is limited or timeline of the project is very short,then it will be better to opt for wordpress
- If an ecommerce site is to be developed,then Woo-commerce using wordpress is a better alternative as woo-commerce is exclusively been developed for the ecommerce purposes and it has got an excellent support and resource system as well.
- If the client wants to simply test the waters or test the viability of the product or have a MVP(Minimum Viable Product) version of his or her new product,then it will be a bit better to develop or test this in WordPress . Of course,if the product clicks and is successful,then he may or may not have to re-create this again in Laravel or Node JS or other such technologies for scalability purpose. This approach is a little double edged sword as it might prove to be costlier in the long run.
- If factors like better security, scalability,speed,customisation is a huge factor,then hands down Laravel is miles ahead of wordpress.
- Thanks to the built-in features like CSRF Protection mechanism in laravel,web applications made in Laravel are really more secure than wordpress.Wordpress severely lags behind in this aspect.
- Web applications made in laravel can be customised to no limits.The only limitation here is the developers capability.This is definitely a huge factor when developing some products with cutting-edge features
- The authorisation and authentication system of laravel is really a good feature. Laravel makes these features really easy to implement
- Laravel supports popular cache back-ends, such as Redis and Memcached out-of-the-box.Because of this,the web applications developed in laravel is often faster.
- The configuration error and handling exception feature is also very good in laravel
- The support of modern programming paradigms like MVC framework has added a boost in the overall productivity of applications made in laravel.Because of this,the separation of business logic and presentation code is very much possible
So,based on the above points,we can conclude that although both wordpress and laravel have got their positives,however we can conclude from the above points that Laravel does hold a better edge over wordpress due to its more offerings and features.